Duke Nonprofit: How to Start a Nonprofit
- Date: 08/01/2014 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Central Library, Tannenbaum-Sternberger Meeting Room
219 N. Church Street
Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
How to Start a Nonprofit will explore the following topics:
- What is a nonprofit and why should you want to create one
- The ups and downs of nonprofits
- How to organize a board of directors
- The responsibilities of the board and why it should consist of a cross-section of the community
- How to incorporate your nonprofit
- How to apply for an Employer ID Number (EIN)
- The importance of the organization's by-laws, mission statement and vision statement.
Nonprofit consultant Melissa Leroy will offer an introduction to Form 1023, the 501(c)(3) application, and a general understanding of the application.
Click here to register.
Class ID: 0102-007
$120 registration fee
$10 materials fee
This course counts as a Key Elective under Planning and Evaluation if completing the certificate program.