Make an appointment to sign up for Affordable Care Act insurance through the Get Covered Connector or by phone toll-free from anywhere in NC at 855-733-3711.
The Affordable Care Act
Healthcare.gov - The federal government's website where you can learn about and sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
Other Helpful Resources
~ Read the full text of the Affordable Care Act.
~ If you are learning more about the Healthcare Marketplace and helping people apply, check out these resources.
~ Are you in state government or are you a stakeholder in the health care field? Learn more about how to talk with representatives from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services through open door forums.
~ If you want to compare some of the many providers out there, check them out through this site.
~ If you want to read some nonpartisan, detailed analysis of the Affordable Care Act, review the reports prepared by the Congressional Budget Office. Just put in the keywords Affordable Care Act in the search box.
Search for federal agencies and other information:
- US House of Representatives
- The US Senate
- Congress.gov - Details about bills and other legislative information.
- The White House
- Congressional Directory
United States Laws, Rules and Regulations and Supreme Court Opinions:
- United States Code - Laws of the United States.
- Code of Federal Regulations - Rules and regulations of federal agencies.
- Federal Register
- Supreme Court Opinions
- United States Judicial Directory - Names, addresses, and phones of federal courts and selected personnel.
- Social Serve
- HUD - US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) office link for low-income rental housing in North Carolina.
- HUD- Link to low-income home ownership assistance in North Carolina.
Copyrights, Patents and Trademarks:
Exporting and Importing:
- US Gateway to Export Information
- Schedule B system - Used by the government to classify each item exported.
- US Customs and Border Protection Service Trade Page
- The Harmonized Tariff Schedule - Used by the government to classify each item imported.
Economic Indicators - US Economics and Statistics Administration website, which provides statistics on many economic indicators.
Career Search Information and US Government Jobs:
- Occupational Outlook Handbook- Describes the duties of many different occupations and also gives information on background requirements, employment outlook, and earnings outlook.
- O'Net- The online version of the former Dictionary of Occupational Titles. Gives definitions of many job titles. Also includes listings of work values, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other features for each job title.
- USAJobs - The official employment opportunities site of the US government, maintained by the US Office of Personnel Management.
- Federal Jobs Digest - An excellent federal job opportunity site run by a company in the private sector.
Consumer and Health Information:
Medline Plus - Information on many health topics, as well as links to directories of physicians and some other medical personnel.
- Health Finder - Website with information on many health topics and maintained by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Science.gov - US government’s gateway to scientific and technical information.
Government Publishing Office
Government Information at UNCG
Government Documents at NC A&T State University
Library of Congress