This building was designed by the well-known architect Charles C. Hartmann, who moved to Greensboro to design the Jefferson Building on Elm Street. It was built in 1926, when the city went from volunteer to professional firefighting, and is in the Italian Renaissance Revival style. Each of the six arches once housed a fire-engine bay. The building is now used as a hotel restaurant. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
More Guilford County, North Carolina History:
Greensboro History Museum
Guide to Guilford: History
Historic Guilford Photos