Agreement for Acceptable Computer Use
All customers of the Greensboro Public Library wanting to use a computer at any GPL location must agree to the following acceptable use policy. Failure to comply with this agreement may result in revocation of computer use privileges.
1. I will not attempt to modify or gain access to files, passwords or data belonging to others.
2. I will not seek unauthorized access to any other computer system, or damage or alter software components of any network or database.
3. I will observe the copyright law for print and electronic materials.
4. I will not make any changes to the setup or configuration of the software or hardware.
5. I will not bring in any application software to use on the library’s computer.
6. I will purchase a vendacard for all printing needs; staff will not bypass vendacard procedures.
7. I will take responsibility for requesting assistance before printing or saving information to a disk; staff will assist to the best of their ability.
The Greensboro Public Library assumes no responsibility for the use of the Internet by children. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to determine what is appropriate for children.
1. I will not use the Internet for illegal or unethical purposes.
2. I will not send, receive or display materials on a computer, including text or graphics, which may be considered inappropriate for public viewing.
I understand that Internet access in children’s areas, for children 17 and under, and the WiFi service are all filtered. Internet access in all areas use bandwidth shaping technologies.